The Yakima Slim Shady Roof Rack Awning delivers excellent protection from searing sun and sudden showers. It mounts quickly and easily to the side of your base rack and only takes up six inches of bar space so it won’t crowd your kayaks, cargo boxes, or bikes. It’s super easy to use – just pull it out window-shade style and insert the poles when you get to camp. The light, strong nylon canopy has a waterproof PU coating to shed rain and delivers 36 square feet of shady coverage on summer days.
Available in three sizes:
Provides 30 square feet of sun and weather protection (4.5' x 6.5')
Dimensions: L 54" x W 78" x H 0.50"
Provides 42 square feet of sun and weather protection (6.5' x 6.5')
Dimensions: L 78" x W 78" x H 0.50"
Provides 64 square feet of sun and weather protection (8' x 8')
Dimensions: L 96" x W 96" x H 0.50"
- Universal tool-free mounting hardware fits most roof racks.
- Rolls into a long case when not in use, leaving tons of room on your roof rack for other gear
- 420D polyester fabric with PU coating is light, durable and waterproof
- Easy to pitch – just pull it out, prop it up and settle in
- Super-simple attachment – no tools required
- The Slim Shady awning locks to roof rack with included SKS Lock Cores for added security
- Minimum Crossbar Spread must be at least 24-27"
Click the logo to launch the Yakima Fit Guide to determine proper fit:
Backed by a Yakima Lifetime Warranty.