The Yakima BackRoad hitch bike rack is a great choice to transport 2-4 bikes. With more spacing between the bikes than the Ridgeback, the BackRoad makes it easy to load more bikes with a lot less hassle. Cradles and pads provide a snug and protected fit, while fully removable ZipStrips make loading a breeze. A bike locking system is included for complete security.
- 7" spacing between bikes for easier loading
- Soft cradle pads for added bike protection
- Side to side cradle rotation for a better bike fit
- Anti-sway cradles eliminate bike-to-bike contact
- Mast tilts down for easy hatch access
- Integrated SKS locking cable locks bikes to rack
- ZipStrips secure bikes to the rack and are fully removable
- Arms fold down when not in use
- 37.5 lbs weight maximum per bike
- Fits 1.25" and 2" hitch receiver
- Integrated Yakima bottle opener
- Carries up to 2 bikes. Also available in a 4 bike capacity
- Optional TubeTop allows you to carry a variety of bike frames
- Weight: 31 lbs
- Dimensions: L 44" x W 12" x H 16"
The Yakima RidgeBack hitch bike rack is loaded with features to carry 2, 4, or 5 bikes safely and securely. The Ridgeback installs quickly without tools, tilts away from your vehicle for trunk access, and folds down flat for easy storage and parking.
Available in three different models:
2 bike #8002457
4 bike #8002458
5 bike #8002459 (fits a 2" receiver only)
The RidgeBack bike rack comes pre-assembled out of the box. No tools required to install or remove. To install, simply slide the RidgeBack into your trailer hitch receiver, tighten the integrated locking SpeedKnob and lock the RidgeBack into your hitch (lock and keys included).
The UpperHand control lever tilts the rack down for rear of vehicle access.
The racheting Zip Strip straps fasten the bikes to the hitch rack and are fully removable. You won't have to deal with rubber straps that fade, crack, and get lost over time.
The SpeedKnob quickly tightens the rack inside the receiver hitch and locks the rack to your car.
Anti-sway cradles eliminate bike-to-bike contact during transit.
The RidgeBack 2 and 4 fit both 2" AND 1.25" receiver hitches. Simply remove the red spacer block to install onto a 1.25" receiver hitch.
The hitch rack arms are 17" long and 13.25" apart to accommodate many different frame shapes and sizes.
Backed by a Yakima Lifetime Warranty.