The RodMounts Rod Up fishing rod rack is designed to transport your rods inside your vehicle and will fit almost all SUVs, wagons, trucks and passenger vans on the market. The ROD-UP is surprisingly unobtrusive with or without fishing rods. The fishing rods can be placed high in the center of the vehicle without interfering with passengers, leaving plenty of room for your gear and dogs.
- 6 grip holders and 15 slots in the foam tip holder
- Tip holder can be adjusted up and down AND side to side
- Tip holder camps to the headrest (front or back seat)
- Elastic tension bands can be adjusted for different rod handles
- Grip holders slide into the track above and below the tube assembly
- Telescopic rear tube assembly attaches with suction mounts to the rear windows
Available in two models:
RUPC for cars, SUVs, and wagons
RUPTS for trucks
MODEL #RUPC FOR CARS, SUVs, WAGONS:
- Fits most suv’s, wagons and passenger vehicles with a hatchback
- Tip holder can be adjusted vertically and horizontally for the best fit
- No drilling required
- Rod holders slide onto dovetail slots in tubes and are locked with thumb screws
- 6 rod holders included, additional rod holders sold separately
- Rods can be transported in 2 pieces if required
- Maximum width = 73”/185cm
- Minimum width = 51”/130cm
- Maximum weight limit = 15 lbs/7 kgs
- Does NOT fit pick-up trucks (see pick-up truck model below)
- Rear rod holder assembly features locking telescopic tubes
NOTE: #RUPC uses suction mounts on the rear side windows. Each side window requires a clear space of 3.5” without any defogger gridlines. This seems to be the most frequent issue with Toyotas. We do not recommend using the RUPC if they do not have clear glass on each side for the suction mount. The tip holders require headrests that feature adjustable steel posts for the clamps to attach to.
MODEL #RUPTS FOR TRUCKS:
Designed for a short bed truck with pass-thru windows in the cab and cap. This model is designed to allow the rod tips to pass through the pass-thru windows into the passenger area. This model can also be used in long bed trucks and allows for long rods (longer than 8’) to be transported strung up.
- Fits most trucks with pass-thru windows
- Will transport all types of rods and reels
- Rods can be positioned above, below or both on the tube assembly
- Tip holder can be adjusted vertically and horizontal for the best fit
- No drilling required
- 6 rod holders included
- Additional rod holders can be added and are sold separately.
- Rods can be transported in 2 or more sections if required
- Rear rod holder assembly features telescopic tubes
- Max. width = 73” / 185cm
- Min. width = 51” / 130cm
- Maximum weight limit = 20 lbs / 9 kgs
- Comes equipped with 2 separate lengths of vertical tip holder upright for best fit
Designed for long bed trucks and can be used with or without pass-thru windows between cab and cap. Depending on the length of your rods, you can carry rods up to 8’. Longer rods can be broken down in two pieces and easily carried. Or the rod tips can pass through the pass-thru windows into the passenger area.