The RockyMounts BackStage bike rack is the industry's first swing away platform hitch bike rack. By swinging away from the rear of the vehicle, the BackStage bike rack provides full access to the trunk even with bikes loaded, and requires much less heavy lifting. Transport bikes of all frame shapes and wheel sizes, including tires up to 5.0", bikes up to 48" wheelbase, and wheel diameter of 20-29".
The swing-away/cantilevered arm swings out 42" so it works with almost all cars and trucks.
Tools free installation with RockyMounts proprietary hand-tightened anti-wobble system
Backed by a RockyMounts Limited Lifetime warranty.
- Includes cable lock and locking hitch pin for complete security
- Clearance for all fat bikes, including those with Bluto forks and 197mm rear spacing
- 3" of side-to-side tray adjustment avoids seat to handlebar interference
- The easy-release handle folds rack into 3 positions: stow, use, and tilt away
- Carries 2 bikes up to 60 lbs. each (120 lbs. max)
- NOT expandable to carry 3 bikes
- Ratcheting hook securely holds the front tire and a ratcheting strap securely holds the rear tire. No bike frame contact.
- Chromoly hitch tube is lightweight and corrosion resistant
- Available for a 2" receiver hitch only
- 54.8" total in width
- 30.9" total in height
- 10" from hitch pin to start of tray
- 49.6" swing away arm
- 16" in height from arm to top of folded down tray (without bikes)
- 30 degree angle tilt down feature